Applicants to the History of Decorative Arts MA program must complete the online application for graduate admission to George Mason University.
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must submit the following supporting materials:
- Current resume or CV. Upload it to the online application.
- Goals statement. Upload it to the online application. The goals statement is an opportunity for the applicant to describe the reasons for pursuing graduate studies and why this program has been selected.
- Sample of scholarly writing. After your application has been reviewed by George Mason University, a Graduate Admissions Specialist will email you with instructions on how to submit the writing sample. The writing sample should be any complete, polished prose text (e.g. essay, review, etc.) written by the student for an academic course, a scholarly publication, or in the course of professional work or community activity. Typical length is 3-10 pages double spaced (a chapter or selection of a longer text is fine). The writing sample must be entirely the work of the applicant, except for limited final editing in the case of published submissions.
- Three letters of recommendation. The online application will ask for the name, and email address of each of the applicant’s three recommenders. George Mason University will then contact each recommender by email with a request to submit his/her letter electronically.
- One unofficial transcript from all institutions attended. Upload it to the online application.
- GRE scores. Please contact ETS and have them send scores directly to George Mason University (code: 005827). Note: applicants who earned their bachelor's degree ten or more years before applying to the History of Decorative Arts program are not required to submit GRE scores.
- Interview with the program director. Please contact Heidi Nasstrom Evans at email@example.com in order to schedule an interview.
Applications are accepted year round. The admissions committee accepts and reviews applications and makes offers of admission until the incoming semester's class is filled.
Students may start the program in either the fall or spring semester.
Applicants with questions about the History of Decorative Arts program should contact Heidi Nasstrom Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org . Those with questions about the application process should contact the college Graduate Admissions Office at email@example.com .